• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Headlight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dipthought

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was driving in my university campus at late night and it was just one of these days when you just forget to put your headlights on ( I just had the fog light on). Unfortunately the cops were doing a special DUI testing drive - and pulled over and gave me a ticket for $122 for not turning my headlights on. I guess I am just unlucky - is there anyway I can appeal it in court?:confused:
Thanks.

Shay-Pari'e

dipthought said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I was driving in my university campus at late night and it was just one of these days when you just forget to put your headlights on ( I just had the fog light on). Unfortunately the cops were doing a special DUI testing drive - and pulled over and gave me a ticket for $122 for not turning my headlights on. I guess I am just unlucky - is there anyway I can appeal it in court?:confused:
Thanks.
You are in a University, and cannot answer your own question? Fine, so you have the need for someone to answer it for you.

It was night-time and you failed to put on your headlights. Let's think for a moment. In the dark, you turn on what? The lights of course, so stay in school and get more educated.

CdwJava

dipthought said:
Thanks.
To "appeal" you first have to lose your court trial. If what you want is to find out if you have a defense, the answer is, "no". But, you have an explanation. The court might accept your explanation and your 'mea culpa' and offer you traffic school (if permitted in FL), but you are guilty of not driving with your headlights on as required.

- Carl

dipthought

Thanks to all who replied.

Yeah thats what I meant - can I challenge it?
I figured out I can do a traffic school to drop the points ( and not getting it reported to insurance) and have to pay the $122 ticket eitherway. As someone said "temporary stupidity" costs too much :( . And the worst part is I'll be driving upto Chicago from Florida in a couple of weeks time - and cant afford to get a second, more probable speeding ticket ticket then!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">