• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No insurance and getting sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vena1453

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
My husband got into an accident almost 4yrs ago and at that time did not have insurance. He was finally served papers right before the statue of limitations ended. He is being sued by the other party. My question is does he have to show up to any of the court hearing, like pre trail conference etc.? He has no assests and is planning to claim bankrupt after the judgement hits his credit report. If he decides not show up will he get a bench warrant issued for his arrest?

Thank you!

seniorjudge

Q: My question is does he have to show up to any of the court hearing, like pre trail conference etc.?

A: Yes.

Q: He has no assests and is planning to claim bankrupt after the judgement hits his credit report.

A: That will not stop the state from jerking his license.

Q: If he decides not show up will he get a bench warrant issued for his arrest?

A: No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">