• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no intent to break law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjoyortiz

California : traffic ticket for turning left when posted can not at certain hours. Yes I know I am at fault but can i ask the court to dissmiss due to unusual circumstances/ i know in criminal cases there are laws reguarding no intent of breaking the law
if so how do go about it??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cjoyortiz said:
California : traffic ticket for turning left when posted can not at certain hours. Yes I know I am at fault but can i ask the court to dissmiss due to unusual circumstances/ i know in criminal cases there are laws reguarding no intent of breaking the law
if so how do go about it??

My response:

That's funny!

Infractions of the vehicle code are not "intent" type crimes. They are looked at as "mistakes" and you don't need "intent" to make a mistake.

If that were the case, people wouldn't be paying traffic fines for infractions or for parking tickets. None of us "intend" to violate the Vehicle Code of California, but it happens because we've made a mistake. One that costs.

So, don't use that excuse in court - - not unless you want the judge and peanut gallery to start laughing their guts out!

IAAL

C

cjoyortiz

well i was researching for a criminal case/ i presume your saying its useless to plea to the court / I had two screaming children in the car / both had just recieve 4 shots each / my husband had just called and told me it would cost 250.00 to fix his truck / and i was driving a used van we had just purchased the day before, only cars i had driven before extrem small cars
so not meaning to whin, just trying to get out of ticket / i deliver papers (driving ) for a living and tend to be stopped alot
thanks for the help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">