• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No officer signature date on ticket = dismissal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RedCobra

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? California

When I recently received a ticket, the issuing officer did not fill in the date next to his signature. Might I be able to get the ticket dismissed based on this this technicality? The date IS entered at the top of the ticket along with the time. It's just the signature date that's missing.

Thanks for your help.

M

PS. I received this ticket for failing to stop for a pedestrian crossing a street in a marked cross-walk. (violation 21950(a)UC)
By the way, the pedestrian was a police decoy, who charged at my car as I was trying to make a turn! He WAS in the crosswalk, but on the other side of the street, when I entered. Therefore I assume that I'm guilty whether or not he was a decoy who charged my car. If this is not the case, I'd appreciate any ideas on how to fight the ticket on that basis.

D

dubb

next time you should run him or her over. they won't be able to write you a ticket.lol. lets see him show up in court in a body cast..lol

K

knorris

dubb said:
next time you should run him or her over. they won't be able to write you a ticket.lol. lets see him show up in court in a body cast..lol
are you stoned or stupid ? :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">