• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NO OPERATORS LICENSE, Charlotte

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roggue

I am on a visit to charlotte, was pulled over by a police at a random roadblock just outside the neighbourhood I stay, I showed him my international DL but he still gave me a citation to go to court, I followed through and I have a court appearance next month. I was however looking at NC court system payfines online site and out of curiosity i put my citation number, surprisingly, they have a court costs+50 fine, now does this mean that if i pay that then i do not have to go to court?:confused:

OHRoadwarrior

Yes, it means you are pleading guilty. As you are not a US citizen, I can't see any ramifications of doing so. Could you be guilty of not obtaining a NC license, per statute?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Yes, it means you are pleading guilty. As you are not a US citizen, I can't see any ramifications of doing so. Could you be guilty of not obtaining a NC license, per statute?
Who said the OP is not a citizen? He simply said he was visiting Charlotte.

There is no such thing as an "International DL". If that is what the OP in fact presented then he has other issues and is lucky he didn't get arrested.

divona2000

...pulled over by a police at a random roadblock just outside the neighbourhood I stay, I showed him my international DL but he still gave me a citation...
roggue, do you mean an International Driving Permit (IDP)?
If so, that is just a translation card, you still need a valid Driver's License.

An IDP supplements a valid government-issued license--it does not serve as a replacement for a license. If you are stopped by law enforcement, you will most likely be asked to produce both your IDP and your official driver's license.
Foreign Visitors Driving in the U.S.: USA.gov

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">