• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Passing Zone in FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hulkster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Miami, Florida

I know that this scenario is really hard to beat but it really isn't right how I got this ticket.
I was driving my friends car with him and 3 other friends. We were coming back from Miccousukee on SR 90 (near the everglades) where the speed limit is 55 m.p.h on a 2 lane road with a solid yellow line. All was good and dandy till we met up with 2 cars who were going about 5-10 m.p.h. and braking every 2 seconds. It seems the car in front had ran out of gas and the car behind it was moving it bumper to bumper on the road itself not trying to get on the small emergency space 2 the right.
I waiting about 10 seconds behind these cars who had their emergency lights on, saw no one was coming from the opposite direction put my turn signal and proceeded to past them on the opposite road.
I explained this to the Miccousukee cop and he said 4 no reason whatsoever are you to pass another car. He made me sign the ticket and while I am signing a car passes on the middle of both roads to avoid hitting the police car and he jolts up and says " I'm gonna go and get those guys too".
My last option is to call 1 of those lawyers who work their magic and go to court to fight the ticket. But I want to know that if in this situation would I be able to fight this ticket on my own and win, especially if the cop himself shows up.
I'd really appreciate any replys.

The Occultist

Well, I can look up the statute to see if there's a clause in there that allows you to pass in a no passing zone when you feel you're inconvenienced, but my guess is that it won't prove very fruitful.

Something to consider is that if you just stayed behind them and let them pass the cop like that, they would have been pulled over instead of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">