• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Proof of Ins &..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigtimer01

What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

Hello All,

I just got a ticket for No proof of insurance and expired plate. When I was pulled over I had a little bit of weed shake on my clothing. They search my car and let me go but gave me a ticket for no proof of insurance and expired plate and he said if i go to court he will say i had weed or something...

What could/should I do?

CdwJava

bigtimer01 said:
I just got a ticket for No proof of insurance and expired plate. When I was pulled over I had a little bit of weed shake on my clothing. They search my car and let me go but gave me a ticket for no proof of insurance and expired plate and he said if i go to court he will say i had weed or something...

What could/should I do?
Go to court for the tickets. You don't have much of a choice, unless one option is just to pay the fines.

Even if he does mention the marijuana shake, so what? He doesn't have any proof of it and he can't add charges without proper notice.

If you want to contest the violations (which would require proof that the plate was valid and you had insurance), then you go to court. If you have no such defense, ask for traffic school if that is permitted in your state.

- Carl

- Carl

gawm

Traffic school is only for moving violations, these are not moving violations. If you did not have insurance and tags and you get them before your court date there is a very good chance the judge will reduce the fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">