• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No proof of insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Enikki

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Is it possible to get out of a no proof of insurance ticket if I did not know that the insurance was outdated (policy my mother had expired four days before the ticket), the car just got out of the shop two days before the ticket and was just given to me(needed new engine, so it wasn't working), and insurance was put on the car the day after the ticket? If I bring evidence of all this to court, could it possibly be thrown out?

Rochelle

I can't speak for all police depts, but here if you bring in the proof of insurance the officer will remand the ticket.

C

CombatTN88

Enikki said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

Is it possible to get out of a no proof of insurance ticket if I did not know that the insurance was outdated (policy my mother had expired four days before the ticket), the car just got out of the shop two days before the ticket and was just given to me(needed new engine, so it wasn't working), and insurance was put on the car the day after the ticket? If I bring evidence of all this to court, could it possibly be thrown out?
If you show the court a proof of insurance which you just put on the car the day after the ticket, you can get that charge thrown out. The court only cares if you get insurance right away.

Good Luck, Combat

E

Enikki

thanks!!

Thank you to anyone who gave me their advise!!
Just to let everyone know..........all I got was a warning!!! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">