• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No signature on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdlott74

What is the name of your state? TX

My husband has gotten a ticket in NC, where he is stationed. The officer told him he didn't need to sign the ticket. He did give him a court date to go to on the ticket, or to pay the fine.

Is that a legal ticket and can that be throwed out of court because it has no signature? We thought that was just like saying he never got the ticket.

He didn't go to court because of the ticket and didn't pay the fine so they suspended his license.

Also, what do you do when he's paid another ticket three times and the courts have never put it in their system as being paid?

Thanks for your help.

racer72

Your husband screwed up big time. Signatures on traffic tickets are only a promise to appear in court, your husband was not required to appear, no signature is required. My suggestion, gather up a bunch of cash and pay the ticket and late fees.

Why has he paid the same ticket 3 times. Does he not have a receipt or cancelled check for the first time he paid?

J

jdlott74

He's paid the ticket three times because the clerk of court where he paid said they didnt' have record of it. The first time he paid it and they wrote pd on the ticket, the 2nd time he sent them a money order, the 3rd time he wrote a check. I don't know if he still has the ticket with the pd written on it. As far as the check, the bank he wrote it from he's been long closed that account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">