• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no valid DL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zloiche

Florida, i was in a single car accident last week, was driving some kids ran in front of me, swirved hit a curb then took down a telephone pole. seems like no big deal but i was driving with out a license (not suspended or revoked just never had one) is that better(never had one) or worse(revoked) i was only ticketed with with No valid DL (322.o3(1)) and careless driving 316.1925, ive never been in trouble my whole life, when the cop showed up before he even asked i told him i had no drivers license, and never had one, so i was totaly honest and cooperated(does the judge have this info from the cop) cause the cop said he was saying i was helpful with him. normally i do not do this stuff my fiance was sick so i drove illegaly, i work full time what should i expect from this? ive ever eve seen a judge before let alone this way.

I_Got_Banned

First thing you need to do is get a driver's license before your appearance date in court (get an extension if you need to). If you do so, the you can have that charge dismissed according to subsection 318.14(10)(a); here's a link: http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0318/SEC14.HTM&Title=->2009->Ch0318->Section%2014#0318.14

As for the Careless Driving, you can try to plea bargain with the prosecutor in hopes that you can get that reduced to a lesser charge. To do that, your best bet would be to consult with an attorney who is local to the court where you are schedulled to appear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">