• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise Ordinance Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

novagymnast8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Indiana/elkhart_in/titleixgeneralregulations/chapter95nuisancesnoisecontrol?f=templates$fn=document-frame.htm$3.0$q=$x=$nc=5075

I posted the link to our city ordinance above.
I recently recieved a ticket while driving 30mph down our city road in traffic. The officer cited me for my exhaust being too loud. It's a $250 ticket that Id rather fight than pay. So I set a trial date. I never recieved a warning, just a ticket for the very 1st time that I have ever been pulled over for this. THe car does not have a hole in the exhaust nor is it old or broken. It is an aftermarket full exhaust system. No louder than a stock camaro or mustang. So any advice for me?? I bought a decibal meter and recorded a friend driving my car. This will show the judge that it is not obnoxious or excessive I hope.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Indiana/elkhart_in/titleixgeneralregulations/chapter95nuisancesnoisecontrol?f=templates$fn=document-frame.htm$3.0$q=$x=$nc=5075

I posted the link to our city ordinance above.
I recently recieved a ticket while driving 30mph down our city road in traffic. The officer cited me for my exhaust being too loud. It's a $250 ticket that Id rather fight than pay. So I set a trial date. I never recieved a warning, just a ticket for the very 1st time that I have ever been pulled over for this. THe car does not have a hole in the exhaust nor is it old or broken. It is an aftermarket full exhaust system. No louder than a stock camaro or mustang. So any advice for me?? I bought a decibal meter and recorded a friend driving my car. This will show the judge that it is not obnoxious or excessive I hope.
The link doesn't work.

ETA: I was able to work-around the problem. Here is what it seems you are cited with:

(7) The use of any automobile, motorcycle, or other vehicle so out of repair, so loaded, or in such a manner as to create unreasonably loud and unnecessary engine noise, grating, grinding, rattling or other noise

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">