• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nolo in N.H.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pps

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire.

In New Hampshire is there any advantage to pleading Nolo Contendere to a speeding ticket?

Will it avoid points on your license if one has never used nolo before?

thanks

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire.

In New Hampshire is there any advantage to pleading Nolo Contendere to a speeding ticket?

Will it avoid points on your license if one has never used nolo before?

thanks
**A: yes in certain circumstances but since we have no clue what yours is, I'd say NO.

seniorjudge

Q: In New Hampshire is there any advantage to pleading Nolo Contendere to a speeding ticket? Will it avoid points on your license if one has never used nolo before?

A: No and no.

pps

Circumstances simply being a 52 MPH on radar in a 40MPH zone.

Over-sized tires on rear of truck makes my speed-o read lower than I'm actually going.
(not that this is going to matter) :D

thanks

pps

Circumstances simply being a 52 MPH on radar in a 40MPH zone.
and no previous points on license......

Curt581

Yes. The advantage is that your conviction would not be allowed to be used against you in a civil lawsuit arising from the accident.

Oh, wait. You weren't involved in an accident.

Were you?

pps

No accident.

And I was really probably going 52...the female officer did not cut me any break at all.
She wrote me for the full speed......even though I was very polite and respectful and had zero points on my license.

seniorjudge

No accident.

And I was really probably going 52...the female officer did not cut me any break at all.
She wrote me for the full speed......even though I was very polite and respectful and had zero points on my license.
Then you should write the officer a very nice note, commending her for doing her job.

pps

that is all well and good.
But what I am trying to find out is .....

Is there any benefit to pleading Nolo in place of Guilty. I understand I must pay the $75. fine either way.

Can anyone advise on that. I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time and I am not trying to be a wise guy. I just would hope to get good advice from either someone in the know or someone who has done this before.

thanks

Last edited:

pps

OK,,,so there is no benefit to me.

I will mail in the check and plead guilty.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">