• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-registration And School Bus Incident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LIL_NIKKI

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
My fiance was driving my vehicle and I was a passenger...posted speed limit was 55 mph...we were comming down a valley, noticed a bus in the on comming lane...lights started flashing...bus was slowing down...my fiance noticed but due to a vehicle following closely behind us he did not stop...he did slow down...the next day my fiance was contacted by the sheriff dept...we each wrote a statement, so did the bus driver and another witness. The bus driver claims he was at a complete stop and the arm was down...the other 3 statements state that the bus was not at a complete stop. we have court this afternoon...need to know what to do. My fiance was issued a ticket for failure to stop...which unless you are in that situation yourself...how do you make the call...especially if a law enforcement official was not present to make the call? He was also issued a non-registration...how can he be ticketed for that when it is my vehicle...and there was an agreement from the person i purchased it from that i would register it once his ran out?

BelizeBreeze

as to the bus incident, take what you have and go to court. If you have the witness statements then it should be fine.

As to driving an unregistered car, he won't win that one. The car was unregistered. Period. Permission to drive it has nothign to do with it. He knew, or had reason to know that the car was unregistered.

Don't even bother contesting this one.

LIL_NIKKI

Thank you so much!! One last thing...the car was registered to the previous owner, not to him or me...does that make a difference?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">