• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not ur usual reckless dirivng case.... wat to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mostafa8828

What is the name of your state? ohio

i got a ticket for reckless driving off roads and highways last week. i was on a dangerous street (drivebys, shootings, etc) and took a wrong turn so i wanted to turn around. my friend and i turned onto what we thought was a street, but it was really a wide sidewalk to a park, but there was no elevation or grass on the edge of the street. mind you, it was pitch black and no lights. my two front tires go into a ditch in front of a pond (it just looked like new pavement, even the tow tuck dirver didnt see it and thought the sidewalk was a street). 7 cop cars come zooming, take my friend and start askin him where I got my car (they thought it was stolen. i'm 19, Black, and drive an 07 lexus). the other cop comes because he thinks "it's funny". they sobriety test me (i told them i had 1 beer 1-1.5 hr before, which was true), i pass, didnt breathlize me, and let me drive home after i got the ticket. i havta go to court. what shud i plead? i dont have themoney for a lawyer... should i pelad not guilty or make strike a plea bargain to reduce tit o careless driving. i dont want that on my record.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? ohio

i got a ticket for reckless driving off roads and highways last week. i was on a dangerous street (drivebys, shootings, etc) and took a wrong turn so i wanted to turn around. my friend and i turned onto what we thought was a street, but it was really a wide sidewalk to a park, but there was no elevation or grass on the edge of the street. mind you, it was pitch black and no lights. my two front tires go into a ditch in front of a pond (it just looked like new pavement, even the tow tuck dirver didnt see it and thought the sidewalk was a street). 7 cop cars come zooming, take my friend and start askin him where I got my car (they thought it was stolen. i'm 19, Black, and drive an 07 lexus). the other cop comes because he thinks "it's funny". they sobriety test me (i told them i had 1 beer 1-1.5 hr before, which was true), i pass, didnt breathlize me, and let me drive home after i got the ticket. i havta go to court. what shud i plead? i dont have themoney for a lawyer... should i pelad not guilty or make strike a plea bargain to reduce tit o careless driving. i dont want that on my record.
Expect to get a ticket for the beer drinking as well. It'll come in the mail.

What are you doing driving a Lexus, but you don't have the money for a lawyer?

mostafa8828

my parents pay for the car, and i am trying to do this without them knwoing since they dont live with me and i pay for my own insurance,.

moburkes

my parents pay for the car, and i am trying to do this without them knwoing since they dont live with me and i pay for my own insurance,.
Does your mail go to their house? If so, they will see the ticket in the mail. Might as well tell them how responsible their 19 year old son is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">