• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Now what

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lorelei

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Alright, so, I was going a good bit over the speed limit (next to a sheriff no less - but I didn't see him until I finally looked over later on) and accidentally cut him off when someone tried to merge (should've checked that stupid blind spot). Anyways, no one got hurt and he didn't have to slam on brakes to accommodate me, but after I got back to the slow lane the sheriff started driving next to my car (for like two minutes straight) and swerving into my lane (and me - I had to drive over the rumble strip for a second) to get my attention. So, I figured he was just road raging from when I cut him off and was now trying to scare me - so I didn't acknowledge him. There're some crazy drivers here; I've had a cup thrown at my back window once because I took too long taking off after the light turned green. What I'm trying to say is, I ignored him and hyperventilated to the next exit.

Anyways, I finally looked over when I got off (and just about screamed when I realized I'd been messing with a sheriff). I wasn't pulled over, and he never flashed his lights (or maybe he did and I never saw them) or sounded off his siren thing - but a cop did show up not even two minutes after i'd gotten off the highway and followed me for a bit (he didn't do anything either). I haven't received anything in the mail, the county clerk said she can't tell me if I have a warrant or ticket, but a sheriff did pull into my driveway the other day ago (but didn't knock). The car is registered and stuff to my dad, but it should be pretty simple for them to figure out it was me. Their lack of action is confusing though; I'm not sure how to proceed, and I swear they have some super secret arrest warrant out for me, for like, evading and angering the cops or something weird.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Well then by all means you can spend the next year worrying everyday and waiting for them to come get you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">