• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Driver with NC Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NYDriver14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I received a speeding ticket in North Carolina while visiting to attend a wedding. I was clocked at 59mph in a 35mph zone by radar. I was in a rental car, it was not a work or school zone, and I have a clean driving record.

The officer advised me that a court appearance was mandatory for my offense such as mine. I've checked pricing on several attorneys and fees have ranged from $275 to $450. I've also been told that an "Prayer for Judgement Continued" (PJC) would be an ideal outcome. How would my home state of NY respond to this outcome? Should I be sending a lawyer? Can I have a friend who lives local go with a Waiver of Appearance instead? What is my best course of action?

I'm new to traffic violations as I am usually a pretty safe driver. I was keeping with the flow of traffic and the kind officer just picked me.

Thanks in advance for your input.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You Are Guilty

NY (DMV) won't care a lick about out of state convictions (if that's what your outcome is). A NY license is, in effect, a license to speed in the other 49 states ;)

However, your insurance company on the other hand, they will probably not take too kindly to a speeding conviction, if they find out about it.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">