• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Improper turn ticket - wrong DOB

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gsmith3321

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York - NYC

I was pulled over in Bronx, NY for an improper turn (made a left turn while on the right lane). The DOB on the ticket is off by one year in the birth year field. (i was born 1988, he put 1989). What are my chances that this ticket will be dismissed?

This happened on 3/6/15 but still has not been put into their computer system because they are likely "backed up".

Any help/advice would be HIGHLY appreciated. thank you!!

FlyingRon

The DOB error means nothing to you.
Pay the ticket.
If you had a real defense, you'd need to indicate whether the appearance is in the TVB or a regular court. HighwayMan will be along to tell you in that case what your chances are (most likely slim either way).

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
(i was born 1988, he put 1989). What are my chances that this ticket will be dismissed?
How can you be sure that you simply cannot read the officer's writing?

In any event, that "error" alone will not result in the ticket getting dismissed.

This happened on 3/6/15 but still has not been put into their computer system because they are likely "backed up".
That is not correct. How you came up with that one I don't know. It takes a while for a paper ticket to make it's way through the system and get up to Albany. Are you trying to respond to the charge online?

You can always plead not guilty and roll the dice and take your chances in court. Or hire an attorney to represent you - if you do you'd better make sure you hire one who is familiar with the TVB.

How's your driving record? You may just want to admit to the violation and take the hit. The total fine will probably be about $120.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">