• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Red

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Red Light Cameras.

They got me in NYC. However, the sun was in my eyes. I have proof... The same pictures as what they sent me.

How would the ALJ respond?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

The sun being in your eyes is not an excuse. Get sunglasses, lower the visor. Perhaps a kind hearted judge will let you off, but I wouldn't count on it. It doesn't work for Gary Sheffield, it probably won't work for you.

I didn't say it was an excuse, but that's what happened. I usually dispute parking violations for the company I work for. This is greek to me.

Hey There

It's A Start for Information

1-24-08
PrinceCharming

"Red Light Cameras " search on Google brings up on the first page a website with info
1.Ticket Cameras: Red Light Cameras & Photo Radar
which lists a link to
2.www.highwayrobbery.net

In most states if the nose of the car is in the intersection when the light is still yellow, the driver hasn't run a red light.
It may depend on the quality of the picture with the sun in your eyes
whether or not you think this ticket should be fought.

Regards,
Hey There

Krizteenah

So only because I have a hard time understanding the actual wording of the laws, is FL one of the nose-in-intersection-is-not-running-red-light states?

The Occultist

So only because I have a hard time understanding the actual wording of the laws, is FL one of the nose-in-intersection-is-not-running-red-light states?
This thread is dealing with NY law. If you have a question about FL law, please start your own thread with your own question.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
1-24-08
PrinceCharming

"Red Light Cameras " search on Google brings up on the first page a website with info
1.Ticket Cameras: Red Light Cameras & Photo Radar
which lists a link to
2.www.highwayrobbery.net

In most states if the nose of the car is in the intersection when the light is still yellow, the driver hasn't run a red light.
It may depend on the quality of the picture with the sun in your eyes
whether or not you think this ticket should be fought.

Regards,
Hey There
Hey There -

OP hasn't disputed that he ran the red. Rather, he claims that, because he couldn't SEE the red light (due to the sun in his eyes), he shouldn't be penalized for running it.

Of course, our OP should have taken steps to alleviate the problem BEFORE he ran the light...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">