• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC Speeding Ticket -Plea bargain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yankees98a

Got a 86 in a 65. Since it's 6 pts on the license is it possible to plea bargain it down to a 10 to 20 fine (4 pts) or 1 to 10 fine (2 pts). First time getting ticket. What can I do if they dont offer plea bargain outside of asking if the gum was calibrated? Clean driving record for many years

lwpat

If you enter a not guilty plea you can usually deal with the ADA at a pretrial hearing. Ask the clerk what usually happens in that court.

yankees98a

Wouldnt plea bargain

Officer had wrong body type, color and wrong location as well. he also didnt know the last time it was calibrated. He also lied saying there werent other cars on the belt pkwy at 7pm at nite. The administrator wouldnt read the law where it shows ticket can be dismissed if the body type is wrong

Also another guy, the same officer wrote the wrong direction (Westbound) instead of Eastbound and it stood (not dismissed).

How likely is an appeal?

You Are Guilty

yankees98a said:
How likely is an appeal?
About as likely as you spontaneously combusting in the next 10 seconds. There's a world of difference between "can" and "must" be dismissed, as you just found out first hand.

grahamswilliams

i had 83 in a 65 in VA. I went in and pleaded Guilty with Explanation.
The mean DA wanted blood and offered $250 reduced to 80. I said no and went to plead with the judge saying the conditions were good, no cars on road, first offence etc etc.
He gave me $100 reduced to 79mph.
If i initially went in with Not Guilty i dunno if this would have been better or worse.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">