• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC Traffic Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

transportguy

What is the name of your state? New York City.

I was pulled over in Central Park for failure to obey a traffic sign. I have pleaded not guilty to try to either have the violation thrown out or lowered to a non moving violation. Can someone give me advise on how to present in court? The officers were on beginning of the street that I turned onto and I was approaching them looking for directions when they told me to pull over and wrote me a ticket. Is that enough of a defense? What should I expect in court.

qcxlvr1

transportguy said:
What is the name of your state? New York City.

I was pulled over in Central Park for failure to obey a traffic sign. I have pleaded not guilty to try to either have the violation thrown out or lowered to a non moving violation. Can someone give me advise on how to present in court? The officers were on beginning of the street that I turned onto and I was approaching them looking for directions when they told me to pull over and wrote me a ticket. Is that enough of a defense? What should I expect in court.
Well whats the traffic sign that you failed to obey? What section is indicated on the ticket?

It looks to me as if you maybe made a turn you weren't supposed to...if that's the case, its not an affirmative defense that you took the turn because you wanted to ask someone directions.

Also, there is no plea bargaining in NYC traffic courts; its guilty or not guilty as determined by an administrative law judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">