• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

off road vehicles on private residential rd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Slowhand

What is the name of your state? Texas I live in harris county tx and live on a private residential street with 13 homes on it .3 residence have decided to make our street their private drag strip for 4 wheelers.This is very dangerous for all residents and children on the street.The offenders are minors and their parents have dismissed all attempts of getting them to slow down .usually 50 to 60 mph .The sherriffs dept has been called and says they're hands are tied because of the private road issue.I cant believe that traffic laws cannot be enforced on a road just because the county doesnt mow the ditches!Where do I explain my case and be heard before someone gets killed or hurt
Everyone tells me their hands are tied even the constables dept,
Judges office ,and the sherriffs dept!!!!
I hit a dead end everyway I Go!
Thanks

By the way, there is no home owner association on my street and no enforcable deed restrictions but I still cant believe traffic laws arent enforcable fo0r the safety of the public!!

Last edited:

S

Slowhand

Texas I have managed to get the constables office to patrol my street ,even though they say it is for show! Any advice to my first post would be appreciated!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">