• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The "Offense Date" written on the traffic summons by the officer was wrong...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZedsDead

The "Offense Date" written on the traffic summons by the officer was wrong...

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I received a traffic summons for "careless driving" this past Monday morning in Hoboken, New Jersey.

Upon examining the summons, I noticed that the officer who issued the summons failed to fill in the driver information section of the summons for Weight and Height. He also left blank the box for the year of the car I was driving.

For the Offense Date of the infraction, he wrote "3/27/07" (which happens to be the court appearance date) instead of the correct 3/5/07.

Are any of these omissions/mistakes sufficient grounds to have this summons dismissed? :confused:

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I received a traffic summons for "careless driving" this past Monday morning in Hoboken, New Jersey.

Upon examining the summons, I noticed that the officer who issued the summons failed to fill in the driver information section of the summons for Weight and Height. He also left blank the box for the year of the car I was driving.

For the Offense Date of the infraction, he wrote "3/27/07" (which happens to be the court appearance date) instead of the correct 3/5/07.

Are any of these omissions/mistakes sufficient grounds to have this summons dismissed? :confused:
Nope, not a one.

If you provide some background details on what happened, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you how to "get out" of the ticket though.

cepe10

The judges are used to incompetance in filing out forms so it won't help much unless you can prove it hurt your defense.

jiggajoe

The judges are used to incompetance in filing out forms so it won't help much unless you can prove it hurt your defense.
That's justice for you...They expect you to dress, look, speak and fill in your forms correctly
or you lose
vs ^^^
*IRONIC* or *COINCIDENCE"?

Ozark_Sophist

Tell the judge it couldn't possible have been you driving because you have an airtight alibi witness. When the judge asks you who your witness is, tell the judge it's her/himself. :D :p ;)

More details about the careless driving might help others pick the case apart legitimately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">