• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer advised to "plead not guilty"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ikura

What is the name of your state?NY

This is my second ticket 30 miles over limit.
I was caught on laser near Rochester (Webster) NY.
The officer asked if "I was in a huury" and I answered "yes" and was recored on disposition.
Strangely, the officer actually advised me to "plead not guilty and the charges might be lowered." He even said he would help me. He was very nice and seemed sympathetic authough he gave me the ticket.

I think my licence is going to get suspended and need advice.
Should I seek a local lawyer? is notspeeding.com good for Rochester area? How much should I be expecting to pay total? $3000?
Is there a possibility the officer would actually speak in favor of me in court?
Is there a possibility I could drive on an international licence of a foriegn country (which I still have) if my licence is suspended?

qcxlvr1

ikura said:
What is the name of your state?NY

This is my second ticket 30 miles over limit.
I was caught on laser near Rochester (Webster) NY.
The officer asked if "I was in a huury" and I answered "yes" and was recored on disposition.
Strangely, the officer actually advised me to "plead not guilty and the charges might be lowered." He even said he would help me. He was very nice and seemed sympathetic authough he gave me the ticket.

I think my licence is going to get suspended and need advice.
Should I seek a local lawyer? is notspeeding.com good for Rochester area? How much should I be expecting to pay total? $3000?
Is there a possibility the officer would actually speak in favor of me in court?
Is there a possibility I could drive on an international licence of a foriegn country (which I still have) if my licence is suspended?
$3000 for a lawyer in Rochester for a traffic case? That's kind of high.

If you want to obtain a lawyer, that's your option, however, the officer is probably going to be the prosecutor in this case and that's what he meant by "he would help you." That is, he is able to reduce the charges if you plead not guilty and appear in court.

You're not supposed to be driving if your privledges are suspended; thats aggrivated unlicensed operation, a misdemeanor, and you would be subject to arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">