• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer did not sign ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bobbywolf

What is the name of your state? Nova Scotia, Canada

Ok, heres the deal. The officer did not sign the speeding ticket he issued me. I went to court and pleaded not guilty and they set a trial date.

This is what I'm planing to say:

"I would like to bring to the courts attention that the ticket Officer X issued is not signed in any way. It is therefore not a legally binding document. I ask your honor to dismiss this case due to this lack of proper documentation"

Any feedback on how well this will go over? I know this is provincial court, and canadian law, but our laws mirror the united states in many respects. Please let me know if I have a chance of getting off free.

B

Bobbywolf

I realize this is for US only. But I figured since laws are so similar I could get some kind of opinions.

Obviously not.

I was just looking for someone who had a similar situation and how their trial went ect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">