• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer printed name where signature required

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Did you sign it anywhere?

All this means is that it might make it hard to hunt you down and charge you with failing to appear in court if you do not show up.

- Carl

I_Got_Banned

Officer printed name where signature required
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Whatchootalkingabout, Willis? :D

Did you sign it anywhere?

All this means is that it might make it hard to hunt you down and charge you with failing to appear in court if you do not show up.

- Carl
I took it to mean that the officer printed his (the officer's name) instead of scribbling a signature... But chances are, -like always-, you're probably right Carl!!! :(

CdwJava

I took it to mean that the officer printed his (the officer's name) instead of scribbling a signature... But chances are, -like always-, you're probably right Carl!!! :(
I only wish I were always right ... my wife knows otherwise. ;)

Now, if it really is that he printed his name instead of writing his signature, that's a no brainer - no problems at all from the officer's end.

- Carl

racer72

My signature looks more like printing than writing in cursive. It has caused a few problems in the past when others decided that it was not a valid signature. For those types I just write a big X.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">