• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer Radar Gun Procedures - Speeding, Louisiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyR1

What is the name of your state? Louisiana, Jefferson Parish

I was clocked for speeding in Jean Lafitte Wildlife refuge area.

I was making a LH bank and as i exited the bank I saw the officer standing in the middle of the road waving me to pull over. As I pulled up to him, he told me to pull infront of the vehicle and wait for him to finish issuing a citation for that vehicle.

My question is, in louisiana, what are the proper procedures for an officer to take radar measurements?

Does an officer have to get the radar gun calibrated every day? Does the calibration have to be performed by a certified technician? How do I go about getting these records? Does the officer have to estimate my speed before deciding to pull me over? *How well posted must the speed limits be? *

* After I got pulled over, I made another pass on the same road I got pulled over. I noticed that there is one speed limit sign posted .75 miles before you enter the Wildlife Refuge area and one speed limit sign after the point where I was pulled over around another bend. The approximate distance between the two is in excess of one mile. *

I was courteous when I got pulled over, the officer asked me if there was a reason why I was speeding, i answered no. Will the "no" answer hurt me. He also came back to the car while writing his ticket to ask me if the color of my car is the same blue color on my registration card. He said he thought it was black. This was taken in my notes as well. He asked that I step out of the vehicle, explained to me that I was going 72 in a posted 45 and that he is issuing two tickets, one for speeding and one for "unsafe operation of a vehicle"

Can you help answer my questions and what is your advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">