• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offroad Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MaDMoSoN

What is the name of your state? IDAHO
OK yesterday i went offroading at a National forest, all the people at my school who go offroading go there including my schools resource officer(aka police officer). So my friends and i went through two huge 4xin puddles each in a different location. Also there were no signs at the entrance or near the place's we went through the puddle that said no offroading. And i have never hear of anyone else at my school geting a ticket out there. So after the 2 puddles we then went to another place to look at were this guy got stuck awhile ago. we get there and park are trucks then go on foot were the guy got stuck, headed back to the cars and was about to leave but before we left one of my friends drove his jeep through a huge puddle. right then a Forest ranger came down took his time getting out. He points out a sign which was around 30ft up a tree that said no offroad. Then he calls us over one at a time and ask's what we did. I tell him yea earlier i went through some puddles that were in a different location a ways back. After that he goes on the radio and calls for backup for some reason. after about 30min of waiting for backup it gets there. He calls all the drivers (3 of us) over one at i time giving us a citation 261.13(h) for "use of vehicle offroads in a manner which dameage or unreasonable disturbs the land, wildlife, vegitation." I'm thinking of challenging the ticket since he didn't see me endanger or harm any wildlife or vegitaion, and there were no signs posted by the two puddles. The only person i think should get the ticket is my friend who he saw. Also AFTER i signed the ticket he THEN tells me that this is a promise that i will take care of the ticket. I thought they tell you that before you sign it. i see it like this, say your speeding but the cop doesn't see it then you tell him, i dont think they can give you a ticket for speeding if they didn't see it.

Tell me if you think i have a chance, or if there is some information i could use that could help me win.

JETX

"Tell me if you think i have a chance, or if there is some information i could use that could help me win."
*** One clear fact to this... you have the right to a trial if you feel that you were incorrectly ticketed. And my opinion is.... you have no chance..... but you still have that right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">