• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio, How to file a change of plea for traffic violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zerochill1

Ohio, My girlfriend plea "Not Guilty" to a illegal U-turn, after which she told me how she had done the U-Turn and I told her that was illegal. She ask them at the court house to change her plea to "No contest" but they told her that she would have to get legal rep. and they would not change it there. She hadn't even left the court house yet. So I was wondering if any of you law smart people could tell me how to file a change of plea with the court system.

Thank you for you time
Joe

Sureavolution

Changes to plea

Once you walk away after your initial plea even when you are still in the court house it is too late to change it till the hearing. You normally can only change it while you are still before the jucge/magistrate. Otherwise the lawyer fees, document submition fees, or the chunk of time needed to learn the legalese to do it sfterwards is far more costly than just waiting for the hearing to change your plea.

At the hearing you can change your plea, however for most courts it already too late to avoid the court fees. Proof of indigency (low income) can sometimes reduce the fees or at least to set up a payment plan if this is an issue.

Of course there is always the gamble that the officer is a no show.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">