• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OJW for ticket from 2010.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idolized

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO.

Hello,

I got a few questions, hopefully they can be answered. I live in Colorado. Back in 2010 I was driving with a driving permit, and I took a wrong turn down a 1 way! Once I turned onto the next street, there was a cop... I then got a ticket for Careless Driving (4) points.

I completely forgot about the ticket. I did a search on my case and i have a OJW. Total fines for 200.00.

What are my options? I don't want to get arrested, I am a full time student and I can't afford to miss class. On the other hand, I can't afford anything much more than 200.00. Possibly 300.00.

Thanks!

FlyingRon

Eh? If you can afford to pay the $200, pay the $200.
Go to the court involved and see the clerk and pay the amount and get the "courtesy clearance." Note your license is most likely also suspended. You'll have to take the clearance and jump through the DMV hoops to get reinstated.

If the outstanding fine is $200, then there's probably also a $30 fee as well (don't know if it's already in the itemized list of fees you have).

FlyingRon

Eh? If you can afford to pay the $200, pay the $200.
Go to the court involved and see the clerk and pay the amount and get the "courtesy clearance." Note your license is most likely also suspended. It will take three days (you may still need to bring the release) to the DMV for the DMV to clear your record (longer if you pay with a personal check or money order).

idolized

Yes, I can pay the 200.00 + the 30.00 OJW fee. But, will they arrest me? Will I need to remake a new court date for a traffic ticket? It says I defaulted and I am guilty, so no reason for a new court date?

I had a friend walk in to pay his ticket, and they arrested him for 3 days. I just don't want that to happen to me.

What is "courtesy clearance"?

Thanks for the fast reply @FlyingRon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">