• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ok here is a good one VC21755 NOT passing on the right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrishionI

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? San Diego, California

During a accident traffic jam and on the far right of the 4 lines, I was simply half or almost all the way in the emergency line without my left tires breaking the solid white lines. My attentions was to block inconsiderate and inpatient drivers that miss use the shoulder. I NEVER pass the vehicle infront of me and was going 0-5 mph also pulling back onto my line for flashing lights i see half/quarter a mile back from me. Note to add it was during sunset, had my headlights were on, officer stated he didn't know my attention for doing what I did and officer or I'm assuming he was looking at me the whole entire time. He also noted I was going 10mph when I couldn't because of the bumper to bumper traffic. Thanks for any comments.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? San Diego, California

During a accident traffic jam and on the far right of the 4 lines, I was simply half or almost all the way in the emergency line without my left tires breaking the solid white lines. My attentions was to block inconsiderate and inpatient drivers that miss use the shoulder. I NEVER pass the vehicle infront of me and was going 0-5 mph also pulling back onto my line for flashing lights i see half/quarter a mile back from me. Note to add it was during sunset, had my headlights were on, officer stated he didn't know my attention for doing what I did and officer or I'm assuming he was looking at me the whole entire time. He also noted I was going 10mph when I couldn't because of the bumper to bumper traffic. Thanks for any comments.
You're not supposed to cross that white line in the manner you did.

As a non-legal note - you were being just as much of a jerk as those other drivers.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
21755. (a) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting that movement in safety. In no event shall that movement be made by driving off the paved or maintraveled portion of the roadway.

CrishionI

You're not supposed to cross that white line in the manner you did.

As a non-legal note - you were being just as much of a jerk as those other drivers.
You can't be serious! I assume you came across a driver like me. First of all the reason i do this is I got rear ended from a unskilled driver not judging how to cut back in from after realizing a police vehicle tailing him from a pervious accident. Second I was simple asking them back onto the line and if all agreed to and myself go back onto my original lane when all cut back in. Third I guess being a jerk or I would call being a good motorist help prevent from others causing another accident and a more bumper to bumper traffic jam. But thanks for your unwanted useless comment. Thanks and have a great day!

CrishionI

21755. (a) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting that movement in safety. In no event shall that movement be made by driving off the paved or maintraveled portion of the roadway.
Please read what u have posted! It stats for the first part of the sentience of "overtaking or passing another vechicle" now second sentience "in no event shall THAT MOVEMENT" so now I pointed to you the key words and the fact I haven't overtook anyone, why was I flagged and in your eyes a jerk?

CrishionI

You don't sound very thankful for Zigner's comments.

Nice story though. Did you have a question?
No I'm not after being called a jerk. People behind me actually thank me for what I did and pulled to the side when I got flagged pleading my case. I guess the officer was kinna piss that he didn't get his tickets in from what I was doing....

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
No I'm not after being called a jerk. People behind me actually thank me for what I did and pulled to the side when I got flagged pleading my case. I guess the officer was kinna piss that he didn't get his tickets in from what I was doing....
Officer got ticked because you were blocking an emergency lane. You know, the lane used by emergency vehicles when the road is blocked? :cool:

CrishionI

Officer got ticked because you were blocking an emergency lane. You know, the lane used by emergency vehicles when the road is blocked? :cool:
Yes I know that... I understand how the emergency lane works but also wrote that I gave way to any flashing lights a half mile back behind me with other idiots in front of them plus the 1-2 idiots behind me that I let go because of the emergency vehicles coming my way. For the people that actually do this on this forum bashing on me understand doing this causes time for people in need.

CrishionI

No I wasn't the idiot behind me was. But can we go back to the point of this infraction of VC 21755 (a) when I did not overtook the vehicle in front of me? Please...
You know what guys forget it. For a forum called "freeadvice" can't really expect much right...? Well thanks for pushing me to "pay4advice" I'm going to talk to a lawyer. Thanks for the nonsense comments and the no helping part.

CdwJava

Wow ... simply ... wow.

I'm thinking that you might have actually talked yourself into a ticket after the officer contacted you. Granted, he may have cited you for a section that was not the most appropriate for the situation, but if you came across to him as having even half the self-righteous attitude and inarticulate explanation you made here, I can see why he wanted to cite you for something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">