• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Speeding Ticket from out of state LIC. changed new state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ticktickticket

What is the name of your state?NY

Hi-

I got a speeding ticket in Arizona when I had a california lic. and I never paid the ticket. I did send a registered return recipet to AZ asking for more time and they never replied (I forgot about the ticket) which it has been over a year plus. I also switched my lic. from Cal to NY with no problems.

My question is:

(1) am I in trouble
(2) how could I clean this up easily
(3) let say I never do anything with it?

THANKS in advance!

racer72

1. Hard to say. Some jurisdictions process things faster than others.

2. Pay the ticket and any associated late fees.

3. One day, when you least expect it, you are going to commit a minor traffic infraction. The officer, after checking your status will return and ask you to step out of the vehicle. WHAM. Your busted. It will either be from an out of state warrant or driving on a suspended license. It can get very expensive.

ticktickticket

Thanks for the reply.

(1) even though this the ticket was on california lic that I dont have anymore. I now have a NY lic. It could still catch up to me?

(2) If I were to pay all how do I do this? call the AZ court and say hey i want to pay up? and what they will take my credit over the phone and I am done?

Thanks

racer72

Google States Drivers Licence Compact or Non Resident Violators Compact. You will find sites the explain the process of how states exchange info and how it can affect you in the future. We have had folks come this forum because they were busted for 10 and 15 year old tickets. Like most things in life, ignoring them doesn't mean the problem will go away, it usually gets worse.

ticktickticket

racer72 said:
Google States Drivers Licence Compact or Non Resident Violators Compact. You will find sites the explain the process of how states exchange info and how it can affect you in the future. We have had folks come this forum because they were busted for 10 and 15 year old tickets. Like most things in life, ignoring them doesn't mean the problem will go away, it usually gets worse.
i hear you i am not ignoring it!

If I were to pay all how do I do this? call the AZ court and say hey i want to pay up? and what they will take my credit over the phone and I am done?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">