• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old surcharges fees + dwli??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jermeyj1

(TX) I received a "NOTICE OF SUSPENSION" letter in the mail while I was out of town, and it informed me that I had 20 days by the time it was sent to request a hearing. By the time I actually opened the letter my time had already expired. It said That my DL was being suspended because it had been determined that it would be extended for and additional period of time because I had been driving while it was invalid. I had no clue it was in valid so I started to dig on line and discovered that I had an unpaid surcharge from 2005. I never received notice that it was unpaid and had moved since then. Anyway I called and paid it the woman I spoke with assured me that after I paid that last $ owed on the 3yr surcharge my DL would be good. So last week I was pulled over for allegedly going 80 in a 70 and was also charged with driving while my DL was invalid. ???? I am set to appear in Bowie, Tx court on or before 9/21/11 at 10am(1 day after my birthday+1 day after my licenses expires). So again once again I looked online and my surcharge showed a 0 balance so I tried to renew my DL and I was denied due to ineligibility, after looking even more I found a dps site where it showed I owed a 100$ reinstatement fee which I paid this past Friday. So I'm in a pretty big jam b/c I don't know if by paying the reinstatement fee if dps will allow me to renew my DL?? If not my DL will remain suspended for the year it currently shows. it said online it takes 72hr to process so I'm not sure what to do I'm hoping I can get it sorted before I have to appear in court for the aforementioned charges..Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">