• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbancroft99

I live in Chandler, Arizona. On Tuesday, I went over to the DMV office to reinstate, my license for a ticket I received in Chandler and forgot to pay. I discovered they don't send you any notices here in Arizona unlike California. So, I go in expecting to show them a reciept that I paid my ticket and pay the $35 reissue fee.. Nothing is that easy, as it turns out. Arizona connects to all 50 states and New Jersey said I was ineligable for a license. So, I call New Jersey DMV to find out why... Well, according to Mt. Laurel, NJ I have four unpaid traffic citations. Two for each day on 7/12/98 and 7/26/98. The citations for 7/12/98 are mandatory appearances and tickets on 7/26/98 total $269. It also appears there is no statute of limtations on traffic citations. Supposedly, I'm allowed to file an affidavit for the mandatory appearance since I'm out of state. The judge would then get to decide my fine. I don't know what to do... I was thinking of argueing that they haven't prosecuted me diligently and therefore they should let it go (or whatever the right term is), but I can't really do that without being there. I called my old bank to get my records to see if I paid, because I usually do - that's like 2 weeks before I see them. What do I do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">