• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona

hi
back in 1982....i got 2 wrong lane tickets in california...did not know that trucks were restricted to 2 lanes...this was a commercial truck....is there a statue of limitations on these tickets.....if not..how would i go about finding them...believe it was cerritos , ca..but not 100 per cent sure

also...in 1995...got 2 dui,s driving my car..in about the same month...and had a commerical lisc....got my lisc suspened on the first dui...the second dui was on a suspended lic,,and that is a felony in arizona....i got a ticket in washington at the scale house, and was not allowed to drive that truck, due to the fact i had my lisc suspended.....anyhow...about 7 years ago, i called up there in washington, and the lady said i need to send $500 bond, and tell the judge why i can not make it to court...she sounded like it was a big deal....that i might have to do jail time????really....gee..seems like a ticket driving on a suspended lisc...not even my home state...would be just a fine

Last edited:

racer72

Your problem isn't driving while suspended, your problem is now have a warrant for your arrest becuase you didn't pay the ticket and blew off the court date. That is a mandatory court appearance in Washington.

I_Got_Banned

back in 1982....i got 2 wrong lane tickets in california...did not know that trucks were restricted to 2 lanes...this was a commercial truck....is there a statue of limitations on these tickets.....if not..how would i go about finding them...believe it was cerritos , ca..but not 100 per cent sure
The statute of limitations applies to the period between the time you are charged with the violation (time you are cited) and the time that the citation(s) is filed in court. In California, that is one year, and usually citation are filed long before the statutory period expires. Once a ticket is filed, it NEVER goes away...

You can contact the California DMV Contact Us , give them the driver's license number that you were using at the time you were cited and they will let you know what citations are outstanding and which court they were filed in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">