• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona

i use to be a commercial driver, and i had accumulate 5 tickets over the years...i started driving in 1979 and stopped in 1995....the tickets were 2 california for wrong lane in 1983 i believe. i also got 2 oregon speeding tickets in the mid 80,s...and then in 1995, washington state, driving a commericial vehichle on a suspended lisc......about a year ago, i called the dot in washington where i got the ticket, and asked about it...they said they had nothing on me, and i was okay to get a lisc...i also called the dot in oregon, same thing, that nothing on the national computer was holding me back from get a cdl....i live in in arizona...if the 2 tickets in california where still there, would california restrict my az lisc.....also, i cannot believe these 5 tickets has just vanished...

Last edited:

FlyingRon

They're just sleeping. People are finding that they are getting bitten by old tickets suddenly showing up in databases. Typically this occurs because renewals are blocked. I suspect you're in the situation in AZ where your license is good for a very long time. Obtaining a CDL may have issues. The other issue you may have is that you driving privileges may be suspended in any state you failed to deal with the tickets. If you get stopped there, even with a valid AZ license, you may get charged with driving under suspension.

I'd work at resolving my issues with each state that you can find.

ronss

They're just sleeping. People are finding that they are getting bitten by old tickets suddenly showing up in databases. Typically this occurs because renewals are blocked. I suspect you're in the situation in AZ where your license is good for a very long time. Obtaining a CDL may have issues. The other issue you may have is that you driving privileges may be suspended in any state you failed to deal with the tickets. If you get stopped there, even with a valid AZ license, you may get charged with driving under suspension.

I'd work at resolving my issues with each state that you can find.
what i was thinking also..thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">