• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Tickets - Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lookin4contract

New Jersey

I am going to be very candid. I have accumulated a lot of driving tickets and violations since I received my license. Additionally, I never really cared about paying them, until now. I have tickets spread over three counties in NJ and one county in IA. I haven't had my license since 1996. I have just found out that I can get my license back by December of next year.

Here is my situation. I started to contact each municipality to find out how much each ticket is and how I can go about paying them. I became very disheartened when I was told that since some of the tickets are old, I would have to come in to the Municipal Court office to post bail and fill out paperwork. I want to do this the right way and I am very leary of walking into a Municipal Court office with the feeling that I may be arrested for other tickets that I have.

Is there anyway that I can do to successfully pay off all my past tickets without having to either A) going to the Municipal Court office or B) going through court proceedings?

Any assistance anyone can provide would be great.

seniorjudge

Q: Is there anyway that I can do to successfully pay off all my past tickets without having to either A) going to the Municipal Court office or B) going through court proceedings?

A: Not according to the facts you gave us in your post. ("...I became very disheartened when I was told that since some of the tickets are old, I would have to come in to the Municipal Court office to post bail and fill out paperwork....")

The courts have no reason to want to work with you.

BUT, hire a lawyer; the courts may then negotiate with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">