• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old traffic cases and fines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aworkerrw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
I received cases for expired tags, no insurance, and speeding in different counties and municipalities. These occurred in 1999 and 2000. I was incarcerated in early 2001 and did not pay the fines or appear on some cases. Now I would like to get a driver's license in Missouri and have found these fines are extensive. I am unemployed and do not have the ability to pay. Can I get these reduced, forgiven, or would it be wise to find out how much time I must do to clear my record? Is it too late to try and file motions to run these concurrent with my cases of incarceration? I am still on parole for those cases.

Your state may have amnesty programs that run from time to time .. I have generally only seen these for parking tickets though as with driver's license tickets they have you until you pay the fines.

Your always welcome to try :) I don't think the DMV cares too much about non-driving related offenses.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Don't expect any breaks - you ignored several traffic tickets. In all likelihood the only way to clear this up is to pay all outstanding fines. If you have no money then you won't be legally driving for a while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">