• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OOPS! Got a speeding ticket!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wadeover

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

Hi - I got pulled by a state trooper in NC - I was going 77 in a 60. I had the car on cruise and didn't know the speed limit had changed from 70 to 60. I don't have any tickets currently, but I used a PFJ over 3 years ago. I have a 17 year old driver on my insurance so I really don't want to have this go to my insurance. What is the best thing for me to do? Can a lawyer get me out of it or can I do that myself? I got the ticket in a different county than I live in. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

Hi - I got pulled by a state trooper in NC - I was going 77 in a 60. I had the car on cruise and didn't know the speed limit had changed from 70 to 60. I don't have any tickets currently, but I used a PFJ over 3 years ago. I have a 17 year old driver on my insurance so I really don't want to have this go to my insurance. What is the best thing for me to do? Can a lawyer get me out of it or can I do that myself? I got the ticket in a different county than I live in. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
If you've not used the PJC card you can ask for that and you'll avoid getting the points this time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">