• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open Container

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RealityPlusPlus

Missouri, which I know has no open container policy, but apparently Cass County does.

I've looked and I've looked and I can't find anything that would tell me the min and max punishment for this. Anyone know?

JaseFifty1

In Missouri, any 3rd class city municipal violation has a maximum penalty of $500 fine and/or 3 months in jail. I believe all cities in Cass County would be 3rd class except Kansas City.

I_Got_Banned

In Missouri, any 3rd class city municipal violation has a maximum penalty of $500 fine and/or 3 months in jail. I believe all cities in Cass County would be 3rd class except Kansas City.
The jail time seems appropriate and justified however, the fine amount should be, in my opinion, MUCH higher.

KC is NOT in Cass county - it's in Jackson. Besides that, KC is a terrible example to use, because they have bizarre open container laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">