• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

open container -- GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

golf bandit

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia, I received an open container while riding on the back of a golf cart. I listened to free advice from a lawyer who said to move the case from city court to state court. (Free advice isn't good and good advice isn't cheap.) I plead not guilty and the case was moved to a county state court who wants to charge twice what the city wanted. However, the alleged crime and citation were issued in a different county. I talked to the solicitor and she said I should file appropriate motions. No idea what that means. I'm guessing motion to dismiss in that county. I have tax maps proving I was in a different county and possible testimony from the officer who issued the citation. Anyone know what the file to the court to move back to the city court? (City court clerk said I could pay small fine and be done with it.) Thanks.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia, I received an open container while riding on the back of a golf cart. I listened to free advice from a lawyer who said to move the case from city court to state court. (Free advice isn't good and good advice isn't cheap.) I plead not guilty and the case was moved to a county state court who wants to charge twice what the city wanted. However, the alleged crime and citation were issued in a different county. I talked to the solicitor and she said I should file appropriate motions. No idea what that means. I'm guessing motion to dismiss in that county. I have tax maps proving I was in a different county and possible testimony from the officer who issued the citation. Anyone know what the file to the court to move back to the city court? (City court clerk said I could pay small fine and be done with it.) Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: next time pay for legal advice.

golf bandit

You were given all the legal advice you need. The ugly is dissing one of the senior members of these forums, don't expect anymore help from here.
Awesome. So I post on a legal forum board, and your advice is 'pay for legal advice'. CLOWNS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">