• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

operating after revocation 5th+

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

parad1se

What is the name of your state? wisconsin
On 7-7-2000 I recived a ticket for OAR 5th+ and taken to jail where I posted a bond for $500.00 and never looked back. Now 5 years later I'm tired of looking over my sholder and wanted to know if there was a statute of limitations on this type of crime. The info. I have is that it is Criminal Traffic statute 343.44(1) misd. U with case status as Filed Only (7-26-2000) arrest warrant issued 9-20-2000. Now the info I have is that it would be 3 years but the clock stops if you leave the state. Can someone help me better understand

ptlmejo

If it was filed and a warrant was issued, then the criminal complaint has already been issued, meaning you have been charged the the "statue of limitations" as you point out is no longer in effect.

I am somewhat surprised that they didn't just take the bond and call it square, but contact the clerk of courts in the county in which it occured to find out your next step.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">