• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Operating in careless disregard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brian123

PA. I'm actually in MA, but apparently got this citation in PA when I was home for Christmas. I got this in the mail a few days ago. It seems that I was operating my vehicle in careless disregard. I didn't get pulled over...I'm not really sure what's going on. My mother, son (1 year) and wife were all in the car. I know I wasn't doing anything wrong.

I can't understand why, if I was doing something wrong, the cop didn't pull me over? Is it because I had MA plates and he knew it was easy money hoping that I'd just pay it rather than travel 600 miles to argue the ticket?

Is there anything I can do? Like find out exactly what happened that caused the ticket?

sukharev

You can call up PD and request speaking to the officer who issed a ticket, or call the court and speak to DA to find out what happened. I'd pay and forget about it, since it is not going to transfer to MA.

brian123

What do you mean it won't transfer to MA? Do you mean I won't get points for it, and it won't show up on my insurance?

sukharev

Insurance is tied up to SDIP points. SDIP points do include out-of-state moving violations (2 points), but speeding tickets don't get transfered to MA, so no SDIP point increase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">