• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon - Errors on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ORBrit

Oregon - Lane County

I received a speeding ticket (811.100) for allegedly doing 71 in a 45mph zone on my motorcycle.

There are several errors on the ticket.
The date shows 9/27/08 instead of 9/29/08 (which is the date issued below)
The Alleged Speed shows 45 and Zone shows 71 (numbers are transposed)

Obviously there are no 71mph zones and the location is correct and it is a 45 zone, so is this even worth contesting?

racer72

My 9's look like 7 many times, that won't be enough for a dismissal. The other error could if you were able to show that if the officer made this error, he could have errored when he determined your speed. It's an extremely slim chance but it could work. In many case like this though the judge will do one of 2 things, dismiss the ticket and allow the officer to write a new one or the most likely scenario, allow the officer to correct the mistake. I would suggest talking to a local attorney, they know the judges and would have a better idea what your chances are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">