• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon Police Car jackin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unhappieowner

Is it legal for the State Oregon to take my car because a supended license driver was operating it and i was unawear that he was supended and my license is valid and i was in the car as well? It there anything i can do to recoupe the towing fees.

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

unhappieowner said:
Is it legal for the State Oregon to take my car because a supended license driver was operating it and i was unawear that he was supended and my license is valid and i was in the car as well? It there anything i can do to recoupe the towing fees.

Yes, and you can sue your friend in Small Claims for the cost of the tow.

unhappieowner

part 2

The friend is paying for the tow already. I as planning on disputing the tow for the friend. The officer stated he was concered about the safety of us and other. He didn't want my friend to coerce me into driving, but was willing to leave us on a busy, dark hwy, 25mile out side of town.

CdwJava

Chances are the officer was within his legal right to tow the vehicle if driven by an unlicensed driver. I know that in my state we don't have to turn it over to the licensed driver in the car and I doubt OR does either.

However, you can call the officer's station and inquire - see what they have to say. Or, fork over the money for an attorney.

Or, save some time, thank your friend for the tow money, and keep him away from your car.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">