• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon Radar ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billybobobbobro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

when a ticket is based on radar , is the officer required to bring all records with them regarding the gun or not ?, they are claiming I have to file discovey for that, and that they do not even have to provide any proof regarding the tuning of the gun before or after the ticket, that under Oregon Law they do NOT have to tune the gun before or after the ticket. They also claim that they do NOT have to respond to the discovery also, and that even if the gun was faulty, that the officers word that I was speeding takes a higher level over my word I was not.... So everyone speeding in Oregon , does not have the right to proof? :confused: I thought FEDERAL radar laws said they did?..... This was a Oregon State trooper that gave the ticket......

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

when a ticket is based on radar , is the officer required to bring all records with them regarding the gun or not ?, they are claiming I have to file discovey for that, and that they do not even have to provide any proof regarding the tuning of the gun before or after the ticket, that under Oregon Law they do NOT have to tune the gun before or after the ticket. They also claim that they do NOT have to respond to the discovery also, and that even if the gun was faulty, that the officers word that I was speeding takes a higher level over my word I was not.... So everyone speeding in Oregon , does not have the right to proof? :confused: I thought FEDERAL radar laws said they did?..... This was a Oregon State trooper that gave the ticket......
Let's start with the obvious...

WHAT "Federal" radar laws?

billybobobbobro

Let's start with the obvious...

WHAT "Federal" radar laws?
why don't we start with a answer rather than a flame, Federal law TELLS States how radar will be tested and used.why you might ask? because it is a device used for MESUREMENT.. so rather than give a total NON answer, why don't YOU start with the questions that are listed first, unless you do not know, and then , why are you bothering to answer?..... just to troll and flame?:D

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
why don't we start with a answer rather than a flame, Federal law TELLS States how radar will be tested and used.why you might ask? because it is a device used for MESUREMENT.. so rather than give a total NON answer, why don't YOU start with the questions that are listed first, unless you do not know, and then , why are you bothering to answer?..... just to troll and flame?:D
Good luck with your ticket...

racer72

Modern radar guns do not require tuning, calibration is done internally everytime the unit is turned on. If you are basing your defense based solely on the radar gun, good luck, you will need it. I would suggest talking to a local attorney and discussing you options. You will also get correct info instead of that guy named They that is always wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">