• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon speeding ticket. Wrong date.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turtlestrap

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon.

Okay, so I got pulled over for speeding on 2/26, but the officer wrote 2/27.

I asked around and a friend told me i had reasonable grounds to fight the ticket.

The 26th was a sunday, and I was driving to the city. About 45 miles away from my home town, i get pulled over. I am a student, and have school on the 27th.

My friend said that, "tickets are sworn under penalty of perjury by the officer and to be wrong about the date would be material."

So If i get proof of my alibi, I could argue that I was in school full attendance.

Also, since the officer lives 60 miles away from the scheduled courthouse, what is the likelihood of him showing up in court?

It's a long and curvy drive down a mountainWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

slwslw

If you weren't speeding on the date written on the ticket, you're not guilty.

If the cop motions to amend the ticket, OBJECT!. Just say, I Object. Don't wait for the judge to ask if you object, he won't.

As soon as the cops says, I motion to amend the ticket, you yelp out, I object.

If the cop doesn't motion to amend, then you need to be prepared to prove he put the wrong date on the ticket.

If the cop doesn't show up for the trial, just say: I motion for a dismissal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">