• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State Drivers License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coastieMK

What is the name of your state? Texas

Need Help? I’m in the Military and have an out of state drivers license, and every cop
Seems to think I have to have a Texas drivers license, so when ever I get pulled over
Even if I get out of the ticket, I still have a citation for an out of state license. What can I do about this, and it is also expired,
which at the time I was due to get it renewed I was deployed.
Thanks.

HomeGuru

coastieMK said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Need Help? I’m in the Military and have an out of state drivers license, and every cop
Seems to think I have to have a Texas drivers license, so when ever I get pulled over
Even if I get out of the ticket, I still have a citation for an out of state license. What can I do about this, and it is also expired,
which at the time I was due to get it renewed I was deployed.
Thanks.

**A: you should have gotten a ticket for driving without a license, since your out of state license had expired. If you were deployed out of the state of Texas, you could not be driving in Texas.

C

coastieMK

what?

I'm in the Military, this is the problem I'm having nobody knows the law. I've been told that a military ID is all you need, we do not have the luxury of being able to choose where we get stationed, so by that, I'm not required to have a Texas License, so why should I. So what you are saying is take leave go home and get a new license. I was deployed for a 12 week patrol, not to another country, or state, during the time of the experation of the license. When I retured I got a citation for an expired license.

HomeGuru

Re: what?

coastieMK said:
I'm in the Military, this is the problem I'm having nobody knows the law. I've been told that a military ID is all you need, we do not have the luxury of being able to choose where we get stationed, so by that, I'm not required to have a Texas License, so why should I. So what you are saying is take leave go home and get a new license. I was deployed for a 12 week patrol, not to another country, or state, during the time of the experation of the license. When I retured I got a citation for an expired license.

**A: you stated that "it was expired" which means that you could produce no valid license or ID authorizing you to drive. If you showed your military ID, that would have been sufficient. Check with JAG.

racer72

All 50 states and the District of Columbia will renew drivers licenses for military personel by mail. Contact your state Dept. of Licensing.

C

coastieMK

Thanks.

Thanks,
For taking the timeTo help, really appricate it.

M

Michael Kendall

vehicle?

actually, I think it depends. were you driving your own vehicle or military? If it was your vehicle, you have to pay usage tax (get texas tags) and have a valid texas liscence if you get mail in texas. my advice would be to get a liscence in your home state and just tell police you are there for the week or manuveres or whatever. and keep your military id out of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">