• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State Driving Under Suspension Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mylia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

i recently went through a long string of court dates attempting to fight a careless driving ticket i received when a bicyclist rode out in front of my car. I resolved the case, but somewhere along the line my license was revoked.

I was pulled over and recieved a driving under suspension ticket in Wyoming. upon returning to colorado i immediately reinstated my license, which i had no idea had been suspended for 6 months aready (i failed to fill out a change of address form after moving and missed their notification letter).

i am a full time student with no money or car so i cannot afford to drive to WY for court, pay the $400 fine, or hire a lawyer to ask for advice. i have been negotiating with the WY courts myself and they have agreed to waive my fees, but only if i plead guilty to the DUS charge.

In CO, I understand this charge carries a very harsh penalty...if i plead guilty in WY will it carry over to CO? Will I be sent to jail? Does it go on my criminal record?

Does anyone out there have any advice for me? i am so afraid i am going to end up in jail or ruining my record over this awful string of events. I am not a criminal, I would never drive with a suspended license if I had any idea. I am hoping there is someone out there with a big heart and some extra time to hear the details of my case and help me find just a little direction, it's all so confusing!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">