• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N2rock

I live in Texas.

Last month I was in Hollywood on business. Today I received a ticket in the mail for apparently running a stop light while I was there. The fine (IMHO) is outrageous- $320.

So I'm wondering what could happen to me if I didn't pay the fine? Does CA and TX share traffic violation information?

This is my first ticket in over 5 years, and only my 2nd ticket in 20 years!

racer72

Do a Google search of States Drivers License Compact. Traffic fines and penalties from one state can and will be transferred to the drivers home state. You can run but you can't hide.

enjay

If you don't pay the fine it's quite possible a bench warrant will be issued. That warrant would show up the next time you get pulled over and you'll be arrested.

Take care of the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">