• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smorys

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WY
I need to get a new DL in WY. My out of state licence expires soon. clerk at DMV searched out an unpaid 2004 (72 in 55) ticket from VT. I was informed that a WY DL can't be issued unless the ticket is cleared from VT DMV list and also from a new inerstate(federal??) list...
I called VT DMV asking about a suspension under my name. I was informed that there was no DL suspension under my name...when I gave the VT DMV the outstanding ticket # (given to me by WY DMV) I found out that the ticket was written in my incorrectly spelled name.
WY DMV also told me that my present (out of state) licence wasn't suspended.
I have always paid my tickets so there should be no issue. this one is so far back that I don't remember it.
Is the cross-referencing and is tying incorrectly spelled tickets to names legal?
It seems that this VT ticket is tied to my name only in WY. I will need a new licence in 2 months, so I am ready to pay the ticket, but that seems to be also a huge hassle. any better solutions?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">